Thursday, March 16, 2006

Torture Tapes - aka Leslie Has Odd Hobbies.

So, it's pretty obvious that I like bad music. It's a really serious guilty pleasure of mine. I've been debating listening to that song "Da Drama" by Brian Austin Green all morning.

A couple friends of mine have been engaging in a practice we like to call the "Torture Tape". You know, a playlist of some of the most unlistenable songs of all time. Vol 1 of the Scrunchface Torture Tape features "Hurricane" by Mizar, "Clocks" by Coldplay, "Popozao" by Kevin Federline, "Life Is A Highway" by Tom Cochrane, The Macarena, and some 10 minute long live version of a Boredoms song.

I hope that the interoffice affinity for Mizar has helped inspire you to find the diamond in the rough, and really reap the entertainment value of bad music for all it has to offer. In a world of so much schlock, you might as well find out it's intended purpose, and for me, that's laughter. I hope this would inspire you guys to make your own torture tape, but if you need more inspiration, you should refer to this book that I'm reading right now.

Bad Music, Music People Love To Hate

No comments: